How to change a swimming pool liner. Renolit TOUCH ELEGANCE
How to change a swimming pool liner and give your pool an amazing new look. Changing a swimming pool liner is a fairly quick process. In this case, the owners of the house wanted to change the liner for something that fit more with the style of the villa. The villa has been modernised and the traditional blue mosaic look didn’t fit with the new style.
We have installed Renolit TOUCH ELEGANCE. This luxurious finish looks like natural stone and gives the water a deep blue colour.
How to change the pool liner.
- First step, remove the existing liner, take to an authorised waste disposal centre
- Check the integrity of the existing fittings, such as the skimmers, lights, drains, jets. If any show signs of damage, then this needs to be repaired.
- Check the condition of the rubber gaskets. Check condition of the plates, as these can crack from overtightening of the screws. If any are damaged, then they will need replacing (if available, some are obsolete now).
- Thoroughly clean the inside of the swimming pool
- Install the top profile AlkorMetal, using polyurethane adhesive, wall plugs and nails, or rivets.
Now the pool is ready, the chosen colour of liner can be installed. The liner is welded to the AlkorMetal profile at the top. In the corners of the pools and on tricky areas like steps it is held in place with contact adhesive. At the bottom, the liner is riveted to the floor, leaving a gap between the liner and the wall. Then the floor section is welded in on top.
Once all the sections have been welded together, the joins are finished with liquid pvc, this smooths the joins and leaves it looking neat.
The face plates and gaskets are reinstalled and the liner cut away from around them, the covers installed. The lights reinstalled.
The pool can be filled almost immediately and enjoyed for many years to come.
If you want to know how we can help you change your pool liner, contact us today for a no obligation quote. The best time to renovate your pool is when you are not using it, not 2 weeks before the guests arrive.
We install throughout Southern Spain and Southern Portugal.