Cracked, leaking swimming pool repaired in Guia, Portugal
Installing a Renolit Alkorplan reinforced liner in a cracked and leaking swimming pool in Guia, Faro, Algarve, Portugal is a process that requires specialized skills and expertise. Here is an overview of the steps involved in this process:
- Inspection: The first step is to inspect the swimming pool to assess the extent of the damage. The Renolit Alkorplan liner is a suitable solution for repairing minor to moderate cracks and leaks. If the damage is severe, the pool may require major repairs or even reconstruction.
- Drain the pool: The next step is to drain the pool completely to access the damaged areas. Any debris or contaminants should be removed before proceeding.
- Prepare the surface: The pool surface must be cleaned and prepared before the Renolit Alkorplan liner is installed. Any loose or flaking material should be removed, and the surface must be smooth and even. The surface should also be treated with a suitable primer to ensure good adhesion.
- Install the liner: Once the surface is prepared, the Renolit Alkorplan liner is installed. The liner is cut to size and welded together using specialized equipment. The liner is then carefully positioned in the pool and attached to the pool walls and floor.
- Finish: After the liner is installed, the pool is refilled with water, and the finishing touches are added. This may include installing new skimmers, jets, and other fittings. The pool should be allowed to fill slowly to avoid damaging the liner.
- Final inspection: The final step is to inspect the pool for any leaks or other issues. If any problems are found, they must be addressed before the pool can be used.
Overall, installing a Renolit Alkorplan reinforced liner in a cracked and leaking swimming pool is a complex process that requires specialized skills and expertise. However, with careful planning and execution, it is possible to restore a damaged pool to its former glory.
This interesting swimming pool was designed by a famous architect and originally built in the 1980s. It is refreshing to see a pool built with such thought. Its distinct levels create usable areas for all ages.
If you are planning to renovate your swimming pool, the best time is after summer, when you are not using the pool. Planning ahead avoids unnecessary problems, stress and delays. There are only so many working days in a year.
For this pool, we used Renolit AlkorPlan RELIEF in Sand colour, which gives the water a beautiful turquise colour.